You constantly hear how bad stress is for you: it's damaging your health, jeopardizing your relationships, and hurting your performance. While these risks are real,recent research is showing that work strain, when managed correctly, can actually have a positive impact on productivity and performance. So how can you take the stress you thought was killing you and make it constructive?
Principles to Remember
- Think of stress as an indicator that you care about something, rather than a cause for panic
- Focus on the task, rather than the emotion
- Build relationships so that you have people to turn to in times of stress
- Assume your stress is going to last forever
- Worry about things that are out of your control
- Spend time with people who are negative
Source for tips on how turn your stress into an asset: Harvard Business Review.
Photo by tungphoto, courtesy FreeDigitalPhotos.net